Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Popcorn on Peach Trees

Monday afternoon my 2 year old, Polly, and I were driving from our home in Spartanburg up to Gramling for dinner.  It was a nice day - a little brisk - but nice.  She was enjoying her first bowl of popcorn, ever, as we drove up the road. We talked most of the ride about popcorn, how it was like chips, but soft and that she wanted more, More, MORE!  Thankfully I had a bag that we popped as we left the house and I was able to keep her supplied.  It's nice to add a new snack to our menu... keeps it from being boring.

Anyway - as we got close to "Papa's Market" as she calls the Gramling Farms Market - she pointed and said, "I see popcorn!"  Sure enough... there was popcorn on peach trees!  I stopped and took a few pictures.  I knew we had to be getting close to bloom time - but didn't realize it was here.  Maybe when we go back up again this week we can see more and take pictures with her playing among the trees.  It was a little too wet Monday for me to want her in the orchard - but here's what we saw.








After photographing them - we went on to my parents house and found Papa (aka Henry) at the barn.  We played with the wagon, sat on a bobcat and found these!


Yes - we're going to plant more broccoli soon!  We are so excited.  It's the only kind of broccoli that Polly eats!  Look for it - in the market soon.

No comments: