Monday, May 17, 2010

The Rains Came Down

Well - we've had some good rain lately and it's just what we need to make our garden grow.  We've been planting tomatoes, corn, beans, okra, peas and squash - just to name a few things...  Every day we're adding more and watching what we planted grow a little more each day...

I haven't been up for pictures lately because I find any outing with two girls difficult - but maybe I'll have time later this week to show you what we've been doing.

I don't know if you've noticed - but the ant population in my yard is exploding as the days warm up.  In the past, I've used lots of different things to try and keep them at bay or kill them because I am not a fan of fire ants.  This year I have a 2.5 year old who enjoys the back yard and fresh air.  Keeping fire ants at bay is a requirement.  So is using a chemical that is safe.  Sevin is just the thing.  I've used it on a few mounds that had started to break through the grass - and they're completely gone.  Sevin is an extremely lethal (to insect) poison - but is not a risk to people.  If you have children or pets in your yard - and want to keep them safe and your bugs under control - use Sevin.  Of course - we have it available in our garden center in liquid or powder form.

No comments: